Moxon ~ $275.00
My interpretation of the saw from plate 4 of Joseph Moxon’s Mechanick Exercises. A handy all around saw. Standard handle wood is beech, other options may cost more. Available finished or natural unfinished.
- Blade length ~ 11-1/2″, overall length 17″
- Blade thickness ~ .030, 10 ppi
- Filed without fleam (small amount introduced during hand filing), small amount of negative rake
No. 1 Compass saw ~ $165.00
A handy little saw for cutting holes in the center of boards, roughing out carvings, and just plain awkward cuts.
- Blade length ~ 11-3/4″, overall length 17″
- Blade thickness ~ .030, 10 ppi rip
- Crosscuts nicely for rough out work
No.1 Bench saw (Coming soon)
- Blade length ~ 10-1/4″, overall length 14-1/2″
- Blade tapers from 3″ at heel to 2-1/4″ at toe
Ancient-style Carcase saw (Coming soon)
- Blade length ~ 11″, overall length 17″
- Blade tapers from 2″ at heel to 1-3/4″ at toe